Digital Download: The R.E.A.L. Model: Rethinking Generalization
Digital Download/eBook: Downloads immediately to your device.
The R.E.A.L. Model™: Recreating Environments to Accelerate Learning
Set the foundation for lifelong learning
For young learners with autism, generalization doesn’t happen automatically. It’s a foundational skill that must be taught, one that helps learners participate fully in their communities, families, and lives.
Created by and for professionals, The R.E.A.L. Model rethinks how individuals teach and plan for generalization. The R.E.A.L. curriculum goes beyond memorization, building instructions into natural learning environments to better prepare learners with autism to adapt to real-world settings.
The R.E.A.L. Model breaks generalization down into its key components, using the unique Five Levels of Generalization:
- Across trainers
- Across stimuli
- Across settings and time
- Across natural environments
- Across the social-verbal community
The R.E.A.L. Model helps learners develop meaningful ways to communicate, play and connect as they adapt to everyday changes.
Key Benefits of the R.E.A.L. Model:
- Appropriate for all ages, birth to adult
- Designed for full-family participation
- Integrates seamlessly into any ABA Program
- Ensures that parents and teachers are equally equipped to teach each of the Five Levels
- Follows a natural progression of generalization, which is not always linear. Instructors meet learners where they are and build on existing skills
Brenda J. Terzich-Garland, MA, BCBA, is the Co-Founder, President and CEO of Applied Behavior Consultants, Inc. (ABC, Inc). She has over 40 years of extensive ABA clinical experience in the behavioral treatment of Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) for children of all ages through adulthood. She also has many years of experience in ABA intervention for ADHD/ADD and other behavioral disorders, specializing in child intervention and parent training, and is an ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) therapist. Brenda is the developer of The R.E.A.L. Model book digital download, which ABC, Inc.’s ABA programs are built upon, for home, center-base, school, and infant-toddler programs. Her work is recognized nationally and internationally through numerous professional presentations over her career. She continues to develop new clinical training and quality assurance standards as the field of Applied Behavior Analysis evolves.
BULK DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!
- If you purchase 10-19 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL10 at checkout and receive 10% off your order!
- If you purchase 20-29 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL20 at checkout and receive 20% off your order!
- If you purchase 30 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL30 at checkout and receive 30% off your order!