*Please note that due to copyright restrictions, digital downloads are unable to be printed.
Socially Savvy: An Assessment and Curriculum guide helps educators and parents break down broad areas of social functioning into concrete skills. The included checklist pinpoints a child's specific strengths and challenges which in turn makes it possible to prioritize the skills most in need of intervention, develop strategies to address them, and track the effectiveness of those strategies. This Socially Savvy: An Assessment and Curriculum guide:
- Introduces the Socially Savvy Checklist and how to effectively integrate it
- Describes the seven areas of social development in detail
- Provides skill-specific sample IEP objectives
- Offers detailed step-by-step teaching plans
- Includes 50 specific games and activities for teaching targeted social skills
- Offers specific ideas on progress assessment and data collection
- Shares two case studies to illustrate the process from initial assessment to intervention and data collection
Also available is The Socially Savvy Online Checklist, a companion to the Socially Savvy Curriculum. The checklist is designed to perform all calculations based on your entries, and can be viewed in a Graph or Parent Report.
By James T. Ellis, PhD, BCBA-D and Christine Almeida, MSEd, EdS, BCBA