Socially Savvy: An Assessment and Curriculum Guide for Young Children
Socially Savvy helps educators and parents break down broad areas of social functioning into concrete skills. The included checklist pinpoints a child's specific strengths and challenges which in turn makes it possible to prioritize the skills most in need of intervention, develop strategies to address them, and track the effectiveness of those strategies. This guide:
- Introduces the Socially Savvy Checklist and how to effectively integrate it
- Describes the seven areas of social development in detail
- Provides skill-specific sample IEP objectives
- Offers detailed step-by-step teaching plans
- Includes 50 specific games and activities for teaching targeted social skills
- Offers specific ideas on progress assessment and data collection
- Shares two case studies to illustrate the process from initial assessment to intervention and data collection
Also available is The Socially Savvy Online Checklist, a companion to the Socially Savvy Curriculum. The checklist is designed to perform all calculations based on your entries, and can be viewed in a Graph or Parent Report.
Soft cover, 256 pages, by James T. Ellis, PhD, BCBA-D and Christine Almeida, MSEd, EdS, BCBA
BULK DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!
- If you purchase 10-19 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL10 at checkout and receive 10% off your order!
- If you purchase 20-29 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL20 at checkout and receive 20% off your order!
- If you purchase 30 of this title, simply apply the code DRTL30 at checkout and receive 30% off your order!